I then grabbed my first piece of Free Bird ("Delight" FBS 111). Rather than measuring and cutting out, I was able to fit most of the pieces in without spending too much time measuring. In this case, the eave of the roof was 90 degrees, and I was able to use the corner of the paper as my angle. I then just creased the edges and cut them off so that the piece fit properly.
Mod-Podge the wood base, then the paper to make it all stick! I found out that the more Mod-Podge you use, the better it all sticks! Plus, it dries clear... So even if it looks like it's all weird... Wait a few hours."Delight" FBS 112) for the bottom edge of the birdhouse. Rather than piece the paper, I diagonally cut a strip from corner to corner. I punched only part of a hole in the top, so that the roost would fit around the edge. Then, Mod-Podge'd it all down.
"Delight" FBS 109. One side of the roof was simple, and just needed an edge punch to add some extra dimension to the roof. The other side needed to have some of the roof notched in with a hole punch so that it fit the rope. I just played with the amount I cut out until it fit right.
FBS 109) to the front and back of the roof eaves.
I haven't shown this to my little toddler yet, but I know that she is going to love it. Best part, the total bill on this project (if you already have Mod-Podge and paint) is under $3!! Even if it doesn't last toddler hands... I can make another one for just a few dollars!