This week is "Designer Week" here on the Authentique Paper blog! We want to showcase all of our amazing designers and we thought our fans may want to get to know the people behind the amazing projects featured on our blog.
Emily joined Authentique Paper as a member of our first Design Team and she quickly stood out as someone who was capable and willing to do more than design beautiful projects. We asked her to be our Design Team Coordinator and true to her kind personality, coupled with her natural ability to bring a group together, she has lead our team since 2011. True to all blessings being a curse, her knack for social media lead us to once again add to Emily's tasks within the Authentique Paper organization. She is currently our Design Team & Social Media coordinator and has helped out in many other areas of our company! She is sassy, sweet, loves to laugh and we are blessed to have her as a part of our team!
10 random fun facts:
- I broke both of my legs when I was 4 years old and had to learn to walk all over again.
- I took piano lessons for 10 years and I haven't played in almost 12 years but I can still sit down at the piano and pick up where I left off years ago.
- My husband has been one of my best friends since we were 10 years old but I refused to go on an actual date with him until about 5 years ago. It was the best date I'd ever been on.
- We got married after dating for only 6 months. He fulfilled my lifelong dream to get married at the beach. Yes, I jumped in the ocean in my wedding dress. I couldn't resist!
- I am obsessed with Zumba/Cardio Dance classes. I go to class at least 3-4 times a week. I have been known to bust out some zumba moves at weddings and other events that involve dancing... or when cleaning my house.
- I started making hair bows a year ago for my daughter. Since then I opened an online shop and turned my hobby into a second full time job (after Authentique, of course!) and I work from my craft nook in our upstairs loft.
- I love to cook and try new foods. My husband thinks I should open a restaurant.
- I collect the Starbucks "You Are Here" mugs. So far, my collection consists of 28 mugs.
- I am from a very small town, my closest store for ANY shopping is Wal-mart (still about 8 miles away).... I am there literally every day. My co-workers all tease me about this.
- I have overcome a lot within myself this year. After a lifelong struggle with weight, I have managed to lose over 60 lbs and keep it off. It makes my heart happy when I hear that I have inspired others to do the same.
- Hot Glue Gun
- Stapler (yes, I use this in crafting!!!)
- Quick Dry Adhesive
- A drawer full of random alterable items (I love picking these up at thrift stores!)
Emily's Crafty Space:
We want to offer up a little prize pack to a lucky fan! Simply leave a unique comment on any post from this week and you are entered to win! We will announce winners here on the blog on Monday!