A Very Tricky Halloween
- Die cut the largest banner from black cardstock
- Die cut the next layer from Tricky patterned papers
- Add a die cut black doily.
- Fill the center of the doily with either a designer paper circle or a die cut/fussy cut image from the Tricky collection
- Add die cut stars and Halloween images.
- Attach to 1.5" black check ribbon using hinge clips
- Add bows and flowers
Tricky Halloween Cards
- Cut a 7" x 10" rectangle from 12x12 black cardstock
- Place this on your scoring tool with the long side against the rail.
- Score at 5" and again at 7.5"
- Burnish the score lines and fold to create a 5" x 7" top fold card. The card front will have a horizontal fold. The bottom half of this fold is where you will attach the finished card cover.
- Cut a second 5" x 7" rectangle from black cardstock. This will become the card "cover".
- Decorate and then glue the BOTTOM half of the decorated card cover to the bottom half of the prepared card base.
- Create the "stopper" for the easel card by cutting the sentiment from the top of the Tricky paper. Mat on deep purple cardstock and weave it between your fingers to add dimension. Glue both ends and the middle as seen here. I found these cute stickers in my stash and added them for extra fun.
Tricky Card Folio
Thanks for joining me!
Supply List: Authentique Tricky Collection, Black Cardstock, Deep Purple Cardstock
- Cutting Dies:
- My Favorite Things: Stitched Banners, Stitched Stars, Gift Card Pocket (retired), Numbers (retired). Dizzy Doily (retired)
- Sizzix/Tim Holtz: Rosette Die, Mini Rosette Die, Hocus Pocus Bigz Die
- Ribbon: Bold Black and White Plaid, Purple Hemp, Tangerine Chevron Ribbon, 1.5" Black Gingham, Tangerine with Gold Shimmer Satin Ribbon
- From my stash: 1/4" Scor-tape, Sequins and buttons, Clear Acetate Cardstock, Foam tape, Tim Holtz/Idea-Ology Hinge Clips