December Joy Shaker Folio Tutorial
Hello, Friends! December is a month that is just overflowing with photo ops! From picking out the Christmas Tree, to Decking the Halls, baking, Black Friday Shopping, gatherings with friends and family, it seems like every single day of the month has a special event we want to remember. To help us do that, I've designed a sweet little December Joy Shaker Folio with room for all those perfect December photos. It's made with the December Calendar Collection Pack and a couple of sheets from the new Snowfall collection. Let's take a look, shall we?
- First, die cut a Calllista Rectangle Shadow Box Frame from ivory cardstock. Be sure to place the insert die in the center of the frame to cut out the shaker opening.
- Next, cover the frame with Versamark Embossing Ink.
- Now cover the frame with Ranger Bridal Embossing Powder. Heat emboss. This will add a lovely sparkly shimmer to the frame, but it will also strengthen those delicate edges.
- Cut a 3 1/2" x 4 1/2" piece of clear cardstock to fit the back of the frame. Adhere with Scor-Tape or Dries Clear Adhesive. Remove the liner tape from each layer, but leave it on the top layer until after you've added your shaker mix.
- Next, adhere 3 layers of Darice Foam Strips to the back of the solid sides of the frame.
- Now, cut out the image from the December Calendar pages. Adhere it to the plaid patterned paper. Then place beads, sequins and other sparkly goodies in the center of the image.
- Remove the liner tape and carefully line the frame up over the image. Press in place.
- Finish with flowers, ribbons and other pretty Christmas baubles.
Don't you just love this cable knit sweater pattern from Authentique Snowfall? It's a great color match for the Calendar pages. Dress up the album spine with a cluster of Christmas charms attached to a silver lobster clasp. This is the easiest way I've found to make a dangle charm. I just attach jump rings to the charms, then attach them to the lobster clasp. Easy peasy! I've added a few Tim Holtz Christmas Ephemera bits to the album, like the label on the back cover.
To strengthen the folio base, I've lined both sides with Spectrum Cardstock. Denim blue covers the outside, and Tricycle Red covers the inside. They form a great base for all the interactive elements built into the folio design.
TIP: Score and fold the December calendar to create a spot to write down December events, shopping lists, or special memories. Save the off cut from the shaped pocket on the center panel and use it as a turn tab on the fold.
The gift folio in the center pocket does double duty! Once the treats have been consumed, you have the perfect spot to tuck in a bundle of photos.
Surprise! I created a hidden waterfall flap page for even more photos. How fun is that?
If you'd like to see all the details in this December Joy Folio and learn how to build the base, then I hope you'll enjoy this little video tutorial. I'll link the supplies I used below the post.
I hope you all enjoy a healthy, happy and memorable December! Thanks for stopping by!
- Authentique Paper
- 12" x 18" Natural 100# cardstock
- ivory cardstock scraps from my stash
- Spellbinders Callista Shadow Box Rectangle Die
- Clear Cardstock
- Red, Green and Gold Christmas Plaid Ribbon
- Flowers and Charms from my Stash
- Silver Lobster Clasp
This so cute!! Lots of goodness packed into a small space!! And that shaker..... well let's just say I would love to get something like that!! Alas I will have to make one for myself!! Thanks for the inspiration Kathy!!ReplyDelete
What a miracle! So beautiful and a surprise inside) Thanks for the inspiration and for the lesson) Have a nice December!