Designer Week: Wrapping up the week with Emily
This week is "Designer Week" here on the Authentique Paper blog! We want to showcase all of our amazing designers and we thought our fans may want to get to know the people behind the amazing projects featured on our blog.
Emily joined Authentique Paper as a member of our first Design Team and she quickly stood out as someone who was capable and willing to do more than design beautiful projects. We asked her to be our Design Team Coordinator and true to her kind personality, coupled with her natural ability to bring a group together, she has lead our team since 2011. True to all blessings being a curse, her knack for social media lead us to once again add to Emily's tasks within the Authentique Paper organization. She is currently our Design Team & Social Media coordinator and has helped out in many other areas of our company! She is sassy, sweet, loves to laugh and we are blessed to have her as a part of our team!
10 random fun facts:
- I broke both of my legs when I was 4 years old and had to learn to walk all over again.
- I took piano lessons for 10 years and I haven't played in almost 12 years but I can still sit down at the piano and pick up where I left off years ago.
- My husband has been one of my best friends since we were 10 years old but I refused to go on an actual date with him until about 5 years ago. It was the best date I'd ever been on.
- We got married after dating for only 6 months. He fulfilled my lifelong dream to get married at the beach. Yes, I jumped in the ocean in my wedding dress. I couldn't resist!
- I am obsessed with Zumba/Cardio Dance classes. I go to class at least 3-4 times a week. I have been known to bust out some zumba moves at weddings and other events that involve dancing... or when cleaning my house.
- I started making hair bows a year ago for my daughter. Since then I opened an online shop and turned my hobby into a second full time job (after Authentique, of course!) and I work from my craft nook in our upstairs loft.
- I love to cook and try new foods. My husband thinks I should open a restaurant.
- I collect the Starbucks "You Are Here" mugs. So far, my collection consists of 28 mugs.
- I am from a very small town, my closest store for ANY shopping is Wal-mart (still about 8 miles away).... I am there literally every day. My co-workers all tease me about this.
- I have overcome a lot within myself this year. After a lifelong struggle with weight, I have managed to lose over 60 lbs and keep it off. It makes my heart happy when I hear that I have inspired others to do the same.
- Hot Glue Gun
- Stapler (yes, I use this in crafting!!!)
- Quick Dry Adhesive
- A drawer full of random alterable items (I love picking these up at thrift stores!)
Emily's Crafty Space:
We want to offer up a little prize pack to a lucky fan! Simply leave a unique comment on any post from this week and you are entered to win! We will announce winners here on the blog on Monday!
Thanks for a great week of inspiration!ReplyDelete
I've thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the DT from Authentique this week. Such inspiration & love seeing people's scrappy space.ReplyDelete
I am in awe and more than a little envious of your craft loft! It's been so nice getting to know you all a little more this week!ReplyDelete
Love the baby album and the bouquet of flowers.ReplyDelete
All of the projects are great. I've seen Emily's work around the 'net and know there will be lots of great things coming in the future.
Welcome to the team.
the minis are so pretty and that dress is fab; i love the bouquet, too; i made just one of those flowers; i know how much time it takes to make them---great job!!ReplyDelete
I just love all your wonderful projects! Such fabulous work!ReplyDelete
I really like it!ReplyDelete
Fantastic projects Emily! I love your bouquet of flowers and the tags.ReplyDelete
Очень красивые работы!! И комната!!ReplyDelete
I love the Authentique line of products and would love to win something! Meeting the new design team members was great...a very diverse and talented group. I'm looking forward to scrap lifting their inspiration during the coming year.ReplyDelete
WOW! Awesome projects Emily. It's great to get to know you better.ReplyDelete
How nice getting to know even more about the lovely Emily! She is personally one of my favorite gals that I've crossed paths with in the industry--she's not only super sweet and filled with so much wonderful talent and inspiration, but she's also very professional and a real pleasure to work with as a contact for Authentique. How fun seeing where Emily creates--I LOVE your space girlie!!! So blessed! :) Thanks so much for sharing a glimpse into your very charmed life! Hugs!ReplyDelete
Oh my Emily, Your projects ROCK! I can't wait to see what you are going to create next.ReplyDelete
Emily your space is amazing and your projects are wonderful. Love that bouquet!ReplyDelete
Love the bouquet!!!!!!!!!!!!
How awful about breaking both legs! That happened to someone I know too.
Love your style and your amazing craft room!ReplyDelete
Wow, love your creativity. The bouquet is gorgeous. Love your craft space. Would love to have a spot like that to go to. Nice to get to know about you and can't wait to see what you have for 2015.ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
Emily, Your work is awesome! Love your workspace and the color is gorgeous.ReplyDelete
Fun projects and stamping/crafting space! I love the color!ReplyDelete
Welcome and loveReplyDelete
the colors of your
Carla from Utah
Congratulations on your weight loss. your crafty space is adorableReplyDelete
60 pounds - that's awesome. Tells us your number one tip for keeping it off!?ReplyDelete
It's nice to meet the designers. It gives you a different perspective on their creations.ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing! I love learning about designers and seeing their spaces...clean and messy!ReplyDelete
Online Jobs is easy now for you, just spend few hours on internet and get unlimited income with Data entry copy pasting facebook and clicking jobsReplyDelete