Designer Week: Wrapping up the week with Emily
10 random fun facts:
- I broke both of my legs when I was 4 years old and had to learn to walk all over again.
- I took piano lessons for 10 years and I haven't played in almost 12 years but I can still sit down at the piano and pick up where I left off years ago.
- My husband has been one of my best friends since we were 10 years old but I refused to go on an actual date with him until about 5 years ago. It was the best date I'd ever been on.
- We got married after dating for only 6 months. He fulfilled my lifelong dream to get married at the beach. Yes, I jumped in the ocean in my wedding dress. I couldn't resist!
- I am obsessed with Zumba/Cardio Dance classes. I go to class at least 3-4 times a week. I have been known to bust out some zumba moves at weddings and other events that involve dancing... or when cleaning my house.
- I started making hair bows a year ago for my daughter. Since then I opened an online shop and turned my hobby into a second full time job (after Authentique, of course!) and I work from my craft nook in our upstairs loft.
- I love to cook and try new foods. My husband thinks I should open a restaurant.
- I collect the Starbucks "You Are Here" mugs. So far, my collection consists of 28 mugs.
- I am from a very small town, my closest store for ANY shopping is Wal-mart (still about 8 miles away).... I am there literally every day. My co-workers all tease me about this.
- I have overcome a lot within myself this year. After a lifelong struggle with weight, I have managed to lose over 60 lbs and keep it off. It makes my heart happy when I hear that I have inspired others to do the same.
- Hot Glue Gun
- Stapler (yes, I use this in crafting!!!)
- Quick Dry Adhesive
- A drawer full of random alterable items (I love picking these up at thrift stores!)
Emily's Crafty Space: