Poised Perfection Card Folio Tutorial
- First, use steel grey cardstock to create a 5" x 7" top fold card base with a 1/2" spine. You can find a tutorial for doing this with one sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" paper HERE.
- Next, cut a 4 7/8" rectangle of Poised 5. Do not adhere it to the card base at this time.
- Now cut a 4 7/8" x 5" panel from the reverse side of Poised 5. Mat just the top and bottom edges with steel grey cardstock. Center this on the first panel.
- Then, cut a 3" tall belly band from Poised 2. Once again, mat just the top and bottom edges and center on the Poised 5 panel.
- Die cut a doily, or cut a ready-made doily in half. Adhere each half above and below the belly band.
- To add extra detail, stitch around the perimeter of these panels on your sewing machine.
- Begin by cutting a 4" square panel from Poised 2. Double mat this on both Lemon Drop and Steel Grey cardstock. Then stitch around the perimeter.
- Next, back this panel with foam dimensionals or waste chipboard. Center and adhere over the doily/belly band layer.
- Now, die cut a Stitched Oval from Poised 6. Back this with dimensionals and adhere in the center of the Poised 2 panel.
- Then fussy cut the silhouette image from Poised 6. Leave a little grey border around the edge as you fussy cut. Back with dimensionals and adhere in the center of the oval.
- Note: I tapped the flowers with Art Institute Dries Clear adhesive, then sprinkled with Art Institute Angel Dust Glitter.
- First, punch out all the banner letters from the Poised 12x12 Components Sheet. Mat these on scraps of the Steel Grey and Lemon Drop cardstock.
- Next, place foam dots on the back sides of the "B" and the "Y" pennants. Adhere these letters to the top of the card as seen in the photo.
- Now, use adhesive to attach the corners of the "A" and "U" pennants. Back with foam dots and place as seen in the photo.
- Then place foam dots behind the "E" and the "T" pennants. Attach these so that they overlap the tops of the other pennants, as seen in the photo.
- Tie 1/2" bows with some twine and adhere in the corners.
- Then attach bitty buttons using hot glue to secure.
The side pocket holds a magnet made with the large sentiment panel from the collection. I simply inserted a large Basic Grey Magnet between my designer papers and some cardstock, and stitched this up on the sewing machine. Top this with some ribbon and a posy.
Fill the bottom pocket with 2 little treat folios.
To make the folios, cut cardstock scraps to measure 8 1/4" wide by 3 1/4" tall. Score at 4 1/8" and fold. To make the pocket inside, cut a 5 1/2" x 3" panel of paper, score at 4" and fold to create a pocket. If you are using a vertical image, orient the paper in portrait mode. For a horizontal image, orient in landscape mode. Then tuck in your treats.
- Authentique Paper
- Poised 12x12 Collection Kit (includes 12x12 Cardstock Elements Sheet)
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- MFT Stitched Oval STAX Die-namics
- Cheery Lynn Ornament One Die (retired)