Scholastic Live, Learn, Grow Mini Album
TIP: Layer elements with varying heights of chipboard to add interest to the cover display.
TIP: Matting stickers and images on Black Jack and Lemon Drop Spectrum Cardstock makes the layers pop.
TIP: There's loads of room inside the front cover for a waterfall/pocket combo. Here's how:
- First, cut (6) 6 1/2" x 5" rectangles from Black Jack and Lemon Drop. (3 each)
- Next, score a 1/2" flap on the top edge of each rectangle.
- Then, shape the bottom corner with a corner punch, if desired.
- Now, fold the 1/2" flaps back and burnish.
- Next, center and adhere the first flap along the top edge of the inside cover.
- Then, line up the folded edge of the next flap beneath the first flap. Continue this process for all 6 waterfall pages.
- Now, make a pocket and adhere along the bottom edge of the page. I used an oval die to cut a pretty shape in the top of mine.
- To keep the waterfall closed, adhere a length of Light Blue Navy Satin Ribbon along the base of the final waterfall page, then tie a bow on the front.
Authentique Scholastic Supply List
- Authentique Paper
- Scholastic Collection Kit (comes with the sticker sheet)
- 4 sheets each Lemon Drop and Black Jack Spectrum Cardstock
- Graphic 45 Black Mixed Media Album Base
- Light Navy Satin Ribbon with Grosgrain Edge
- Burlap String
- Apple Buttons
- Primary Buttons from my stash
- Tim Holtz Pen Nib
- 3 yellow school pencils
- Vintage Style Black key
- School Themed Novelty Buttons
- Red, Yellow, Blue Flowers from my stash