Quick & Easy Snowfall Card Tutorial
The Snowfall collection has the prettiest winter patterns and the cheeriest winter images! It's perfect for winter birthdays, get well cards, or just general "cheer you up" greetings. Here are a few tips for making this darling card. Then watch the video tutorial to learn how to make it simple step by simple step.
- First, create the 5 1/2" square card base with an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of heavy cardstock.
- Next, trim it to measure 5 1/2" x 11", then score on the long side at 5 1/2" and fold to form a simple card base.
- Now mat a 5 1/4" square of the snowflake pattern from Snowfall 3 on a 5 3/8" square Authentique Spectrum Antique Lace cardstock.
- Then create a belly band by matting a 5 1/4" x 3 3/4" panel of Snowfall One Plaid on a 5 1/4" x 4" panel of Spectrum Forest Green Cardstock.
TIP: You can choose to machine stitch these layers together as I did, or simply adhere in place.
- Punch the 3 banners from the Snowfall Element Sheet and mat on both Antique Lace and Forest Green Spectrum Cardstock.
- To add a frosty edge to the banners, sand them lightly before matting.
- Now place dimensionals on the back of the banners and adhere to the card front.
- Next, adhere the die cut snowflakes. We will discuss how I embossed them in the video tutorial below.
- Die cut and heat emboss Tim Holtz Skeleton Leaves. Adhere the stems under the left hand banner.
- Now add a Blue/Gold Plaid Bow and some flowers.
- Place dimensionals on the back of the snowflake icons. Top with bitty buttons and adhere.
- Place dimensionals behind the "Bundle Up" tab and adhere at the top of the card.
- First, cut (2) 5 3/8" panels of cardstock to line the base. Sand the edges if desired
- Now, find a scrap of the plaid pattern that is about 1 1/2" wide x 5 3/8" long. Adhere just the top, bottom and left hand side to form a shallow tea bag pocket.
- Then punch out the "frosty mornings" ticket from the Elements sheet and adhere.
- Cut a 5 3/8" wide belly band from the plaid paper and adhere.
- Now adhere a blank panel of cream cardstock in the center where you can add your sentiment.
You'll find a linked supply list below the post.
I hope this little project has you ready to break out your paper pretties and scissors and get your craft on!
Thanks for stopping by!
- Authentique Paper
- Snowfall 12x12 Collection
- Mixed Media
- Versamark Embossing Ink
- WOW Diamond White Embossing Powder
- White Acrylic Paint from my stash
- Stamperia Glamour Gel/Sparkling White (out of stock)
- Blue/Ivory/Gold Plaid Ribbon
- Buttons Galore and More Bitty Buttons
- Little Birdie Serena Cloud Cover Flowers
- Daniela Cloud Cover Flower Clusters
Post a Comment