St. Patrick's Day Shaker Folio with Dublin
The top o'the Morning to you, my friends! Kathy here with a Shaker Gift Box Folio made with the delightful Authentique Dublin paper collection. I have an Irish heritage, so St. Patrick's Day finds me among those who enjoy the wearin' o' the green. This festive shaker folio looks just like it is filled with the leprechaun's pot of gold, doesn't it? I'm going to share lots of tips for making the folio, along with links to some video tutorials that will help you make one for your own St. Patrick's Day celebration.
The top fold folio measures 5 1/2" x 6 1/2" with a 1" spine. To make the shaker frame, I painted a Tim Holtz Vignette frame with ivory chalk paint. Then I tapped it with Peeled Paint Distress Ink, spritzed with water and heat dried. A dusting of gold gel paint provided some sparkle and shine. You can learn how to create a shaker frame like this one in this tutorial.
- First, cut one sheet of Spectrum Forest Green Cardstock into (2) 12" x 5" panels.
- Next, line the 5" side of one panel with 1/2" Scor-Tape. Remove the liner, and carefully overlap the other Forest Green panel over the 1/2" line of tape. Keep everything nice and straight.
- From the left, score at 4 1/4".
- Fold the score line, then score every 5" all the way down the panel. You'll have 2 short flaps on each end.
- Accordion fold so that both short pieces end up on the top of the pile, one under the other.
- Place Scor-Tape on the back of the folio and wrap the folio with a long piece of ribbon. Tie a bow to secure the pages. Then center and adhere to the top of the card. Now all you have to do is decorate!
Then I filled it with my favorite recipe for Irish Soda Bread, which is always present on our table for St. Patrick's Day.
The inside panels are all covered with 5 3/8" panels of designer paper from the Dublin collection. Mat 3x4 images on Spectrum Kelly Green and leave an extra 1/2" flap on the top or side to create fun little flap pages......
The graphics in this collection are extra beautiful!
- Authentique Paper
- 12x12 Dublin Collection Kit (includes the punch out components)
- Spectrum Cardstock: Forest Green/Kelly Green
- Tim Holtz Vignette Frame
- Clear Cardstock
- Leprechaun's Luck Shaker Mix
- 49 & Market Bottle Green Botanical Blooms
- buttons from my stash