Liberty Pop Up Shaker Card for the 4th of July
- First, create a 5" x 7" top fold card base from red cardstock.
- Next, cut a background from a 4 7/8" x 6 7/8" panel of blue designer paper.
- Then cut a 4 7/8" x 2 1/2" belly band from the stars/text panel.
- Now stitch around the perimeter of these panels if desired.
- Cut (2) 2" x 6" fishtail banners from complementary patterns and adhere to the left hand side of the background panel.
- Now fussy cut around the edge of the 3x4 flag image and mat on red cardstock. Adhere in the center of the card.
- Use a nested star die to cut 2 (3 3/4") stars from patterned paper. Set one star aside to form the back of the shaker element.
- Place a smaller nested die in the center of the other star and die cut to create a frame.
- Now cut the large star a third time using clear cardstock.
- Adhere the clear cardstock to the back of the star frame.
- Then add 3 layers of 1/8" foam strips to the back side of the frame.
- Next fill the frame with your shaker elements. Adhere the die cut star to foam tape and press in place to seal.
- Die cut several more small stars from red and blue metallic paper. Use these to embellish the card.
- Finally add flowers, ribbon, buttons and letter tiles.
Create a fun pop-up scene inside the card. You can find a tutorial for making this style of pop up card HERE.
- Authentique Liberty Collection Kit (retired, but you can substitute THIS collection.)
- Spellbinders Nested Star Dies
- Lilac Lane Picnic Shaker Mix
- Clear Acetate Sheets
- 1/8 Foam Strips
- Bon Voyage Blue Roses
- Sangria Roses
- Flag Grosgrain Ribbon
- Scrabble Tiles, HOME ephemera and paper clip from my stash