A Little Autumn Splendor
Hello, Friends! The only thing better than one gorgeous fall card made with Authentique Splendor, is twin cards made with this glorious collection! Today I'm sharing the recipe for mixing up these easy to make fall cards.
All the papers for these cards come from the Splendor 6x6 Paper Bundle.
- First, create a 5 1/2" square top fold card base from one sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" kraft cardstock.
- Next cut a 5 1/8" square of the fall plaid pattern. Save the off cut of this panel.
- Cut a 5 1/4" square of yellow cardstock and a 5 3/8" square of brown cardstock.
- Then cut a 2 1/2" x 5 1/8" panel of the fall pumpkins.
- Now layer the cut papers on the cardstock mats as follows:
- First put down the fall plaid paper panel.
- Next layer in the offcut from the fall plaid paper about 3/4" from the left hand edge.
- Then add the fall pumpkin layer.
- Now stitch the panels to the cardstock mats on your sewing machine.
TIP: Steer clear of a sticky situation by placing your adhesive in the center of each panel and away from the sides. This way, your sewing machine needle will not get gummed up and your thread will not break.
- Now you are ready to wrap the card panel with your Scor-Tape and Ribbon.
- Die cut two Doily Rounds from cream cardstock and adhere in the center of the card.
- Then punch out the oval sentiment from the Cardstock Elements sheet. Back with two layers of dimensionals and adhere in the center of the doily.
- Add flowers, rhinestones, ribbons and vintage buttons to finish the card design.
TIP: You can use handmade flowers, or pre-made flowers. Both are gorgeous. Find a tutorial for making these sunflowers HERE.
Now we will finish the inside of the card. It's easy, peasy!
- First, cut (2) 5 3/8" panels of designer paper and adhere to the top and bottom of the card.
- Next, create a pocket with the rectangular die cut sentiment from the Elements sheet. Just place your adhesive on the sides and bottom.
- Create a belly band with a 1 3/4" x 5 3/8" strip of the pumpkin pattern. Adhere just the top and bottom edges to the fall check.
- Mat a 3x4 journal card on a 3 1/4" x 8 1/2" panel of cardstock. Score in half and fold to make a little notecard to tuck inside the belly band.
Now that you have the recipe for these quick and easy to make cards, you can use it with other favorite Authentique paper collections.
You'll find a linked supply list below.
Enjoy this gorgeous season, and have fun making beautiful cards with the Splendor collection!
- Authentique Splendor
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- Amazing Paper Grace Doily Round Etched Die
- Heartfelt Creations Classic Sunflowers Stamps and Dies
- Leafy Accents Stamps and Dies
- Acorn Charms
- Rhinestones, Vintage Buttons, and Resin leaves from my stash
Post a Comment